[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - USB errors. Reason - WiFi?
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:21

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 USB errors. Reason - WiFi? 

Thank you, I'll try those options and see what happens. Unfortunatly I don't think I've got 4.7p Caps left, I need to order some. Would you recommend any particular type of capacitor?

I've set the txpower in the config to 11dBm, running a few stability tests now.
But I can't verify that the setting has taken effect, since iwconfig always shows 0dBm for txpower (am I lacking some kernel module, or does this only work in AP mode? -that wouldn't be a problem, since it's supposed to run in AP mode when it's finished, but for development it's easier to have it run in STA- ).

It'd be really great to get these problems sorted out, I've been at this for a while, your help is really appreciated!

14 Sep 2012, 18:08

14 Sep 2012, 18:32

In a few days I will have the raw materials to make my own shield.

Then I will test one of our boards without it and with it .... maybe we can put this issue to rest.

Serge

24 Sep 2012, 20:38

Hello,

I had exactly the same problem with a webcam, disconnecting and reconnecting every 2 seconds.
I used a USB prolongator between the main board and the webcam and it seems to work.
Unfortunately, I have no reference for this prolongator. It is 80 cm length, but I don't know if it is shielded or not. But I will try to buy some other ones in order to find a reference working reliably.

11 Oct 2012, 15:57

Hi,

i run a DMK21 astro camera through a powered usb hub based on the FE2.1 chip set from Terminus Technologies.
Streaming over WLAN works with this setup for several days without problems.

The only problem occurs with bluetooth running in parallel on the 2.4GHz band but that is another story related to the stupid design of wlan and bt working in the same band...

Michael

13 Oct 2012, 10:20

Hi there,

exactly the same problem here...

The company at which I am employed ordered three of your modules and the corresponding base-boards for prototyping purposes.

Unfortunally it is not possible to use wifi and usb at the same time, enabled wifi results in continuous enumeration errors - no connection at all.

The carambola module was our first choice for this project, so I really hope you can tell me that you made any progress in solving this problem.

Greetings
Dominik

25 Oct 2012, 06:45

It is an EMI from internal wifi antenna.

solutions:
1.decrease wifi power
2.use external antenna

25 Oct 2012, 08:33

External antenna is probably not an option.
What's the best way to decrease wifi power permanently? So I can do a few tests with that.

Besides that... Don't you think you should mention such an important fact on your website or at least in your webshop?
It seems not that fair to sell a board with an on-chip-antenna and USB without telling anyone that they cannot be used simultaniously.

25 Oct 2012, 09:08

We are looking for the fastest solution how to eliminate EMI from antenna to USB.

25 Oct 2012, 14:32

Fastest fix is to add additional ground plane wire 32mm long.
OpenWrt don't support power change for wifi.Next week we will have working wifi driver which will able to decrease output power.

photo.JPG
photo.JPG [ 140.08 KiB | Viewed 17376 times ]

26 Oct 2012, 11:40
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next