[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - Serial communication issue II
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 09 May 2024, 04:09

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Serial communication issue II 

Received the module on end of May,after that,the module never used,i sealed with aluminium foil. This week i need some project which should use carambola,after learning wiki,carambola datasheet and carambola motherboard schematic. First trying to build custom linux to fit my need.

Connecting all power pin of carambola (3.3 v, 5 V, GND - 3.3v Come from ST L4955 which can supply 5A,and 5v come form EZ1084-5) regarding datasheet and carambola motherboard schematic, also for reset line i am follow which draw on carambola motherboard schematic. I am use PL2303 based usb-to-serial which can handle 3.3 IO and tested on my ATxmega128A1 board.

When powering, LED power was glow, but no character arrived on TX (pin 31), trying to loop back my PL2303, and type something on terminal,my PL2303 works.. trying to press reset line, none, trying to remove reset line and keep it floating, none work, trying to swap pin 31 pin 32, hope there is some mistake (although i am really sure i am connecting pin 31 - TX with RX line of PL2303)... but still serial - uboot message not come -.. trying to get serial on TXD2 pin 35 (and RXD2)... still no character was out.

Please, whats wrong my module?is the module just broke after 2 month not used ? - even i sealed with anti static treatment -?.

Even its too late to get warranty... i just share this, in the hope i can play with carambola

25 Aug 2012, 23:25

Serial console is on the second UART (TXD2 & RXD2), baudrate is 115200 (wrong baudrate = no characters or junk), 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit (8n1).
You don't need 5V unless you want to use USB.
So for a basic test setup you only need the various GND lines and the two 3.3V lines.
Haven't used/connected the reset line in any of my projects.

Also note: If you didn't buy the development board as well you'll need a MagJack RJ45 connector to attach to your Carambola in order to update the firmware image (which only works through Ethernet).

27 Aug 2012, 07:36

Naythan, wouldn't the firmware update also work over WiFi using the procedure described here: http://www.8devices.com/wiki_carambola/ ... d_firmware ? With the default firmware you can set it up so that it joins an existing WiFi network or creates its own, then you can SCP the firmware to it and perform the upgrade on the command line, correct?

Razvan

27 Aug 2012, 10:26

27 Aug 2012, 10:32

27 Aug 2012, 12:53

27 Aug 2012, 14:17

28 Aug 2012, 22:44

Ok then check voltages like in the picture.

carambolabottomhighresolution1.jpg
carambolabottomhighresolution1.jpg [ 622.08 KiB | Viewed 4259 times ]

29 Aug 2012, 10:10

May I suggest putting this up into the Wiki as well?
Might be useful to know some test-points and must-be values of the system in order to debug a project.

29 Aug 2012, 11:23

Could you also please document that firmware upload over Kermit? You've mentioned it twice on the forum but the current bootloader doesn't appear to support it (you did say it would require an u-boot update as well but I'm not sure if that can be done by the user via serial or if the board has to be shipped back to 8devices for this).

Also, I know I sound like a broken record but could you please post instructions on updating the wireless driver on the board? I am seeing somewhat random reboots (in STA mode) - sorry for hijacking the thread.

29 Aug 2012, 13:57
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]