[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - kmod-usb-video not available in menuconfig
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 02 May 2024, 12:26

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 kmod-usb-video not available in menuconfig 

Hi everybody,

I am trying to install mjpegstreamer and have a UVC webcam at hand. However, when I try to compile a kernel with kmod-usb-video, I am not able to find the option kmod-usb-video in the config screen.

I've followed the tutorial on the wiki to compile an image (the getting started tutorial).

Does anyone have a clue?

Kind regards,

Eelco

01 Sep 2012, 08:25

Hi all,

seems nobody did a reaction on this. But I have the save problem. Trying to connect a USBwebcam as described in WiKi "carambola_mjpg_streamer" and building as described in "carambola_where_to_start": there is no option kmod-usb-video to select.

As a second try, using the http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/ ... s/packages as the source for OPKG, there are the kmod for video, but when installing for example kmod-video-core there is a error complaining wrong kernel:

"Installing kmod-video-core (3.3.8-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/ ... ramips.ipk.
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-video-core:
* kernel (= 3.3.8-1-efc6295fa82a478a46d3197099661a6a) *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-video-core."

But my list of installed packages shows me a kernel with version: "3.3.8-1-9b61c07fcf5e23e004711552614795d9"
This errors seem similar to the errors in the viewtopic.php?f=6&t=159 thread.

So my question:
Did anybody manage to connect a USB webcam with the actual Carambola firmware?

Doing the same with openWRT on a WR1046WD Device, webcam is working well.

Thanks for any hints, what to do that the webcam also works on Carambola.

PS: trying to use Carambola for video streaming in a Mesh configuration with OLRS

13 Sep 2012, 16:06

Sorry to hear this. It is because of we are trying to catch with latest OpenWrt changes. It is impossible to build all packages from repository. If one package can't be build whole build process is stopped with error. For today it is best to build packages and upload new firmware. If you need some specific packages we can include them. It is best to maintain wishlist here https://github.com/8devices/carambola/i ... ate=closed our main OpenWrt developer will certainly notice if you post at GIT.

14 Sep 2012, 21:42

Hello together,

I recently bought the Carambola board for streaming a Webcam.
Now I am stucking as you because of the not available kmod-usb-video item.

Can I just continue without activating? or is there any fix for that?

Help..
kind regards
Jens

06 Oct 2012, 19:45

Hi firedevil579,

Good news - I recently retried the mjpg-streamer as mentioned in the wiki with a logitech C270 HD cam and it works without the kmod-usb-video, which is still not available.
Don't set the resolution and fps too high, because of performance.

Kind regards
ptwlan

06 Oct 2012, 21:19

08 Oct 2012, 16:23
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 6 posts ]