[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - opkg update--not working, not able to download
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:44

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 opkg update--not working, not able to download 

Good day,

recently my carambola arrived after weeks of waiting, then i tried to follow links in wiki and enable the wireless capabilty of unit. when i connect ETHERNET CABLE TO LAN PORT, i can browse to internet in my laptop thru Carambola as router, & try to connect RS232-USB CABLE TO PC AND CARAMBOLA, i can open terminal and explorer whats inside the openwrt directory, ony my PROBLEM IS; when i type: opkg update, it will not download the package..

can somebody help or give some idea on how to overcome this,since a newbie in openwrt system

thanks

hfe18

22 Dec 2012, 18:35

Attach the error message of opkg please.

Best guess at this point:
1. Nameservers aren't set, so opkg can't resolve the repository URL
2. No/Wrong repository URL set in opkg config
3. repository server is down (try to reach it on your regular computer to check that out.)

22 Dec 2012, 19:10

Good Day,

I was really impressed that somebody quick to reply about my post,thanks by the way, here's what i got::

root@OpenWrt:/# opkg update
Downloading http://pkg.8devices.com/v2.0/carambola/ ... ackages.gz.
wget: bad address 'pkg.8devices.com'
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://pkg.8devices.com/v2.0/carambola/pack
ages/Packages.gz, wget returned 1.

Thanks,
in your guess, #1, if nameserver's are not set, how do i fixed it also in proceeding points, thanks in advance Naythan

23 Dec 2012, 12:46

27 Dec 2012, 14:58

To: Naythan,

Your the MAN!! :)
Thank you very much, im able now to update, usIng opkg update, since the existing in my nameservee is 127.0.0.1,which i can ping, when i replaced by 8.8.8.8, VIOLA!! im able to connect to internet and opkg update is solved work like a charm.

the only one im trying now is why i cant install mjpg-streamer as described in this sample;http://www.8devices.com/wiki_carambola/doku.php/carambola_robot1

# 1) I TRIED THIS:
root@OpenWrt:/tmp# opkg install mjpg-streamer
Unknown package 'mjpg-streamer'.
Collected errors:
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package mjpg-streamer.

#2) I TRIED ANOTHER METHOD
root@OpenWrt:/tmp# opkg install kmod-video-uvc mjpg-streamer

Installing kmod-video-uvc (3.6.11-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/ ... ramips.ipk.
Multiple packages (kmod-usb-core and kmod-usb-core) providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER. Using latest.
Multiple packages (kmod-i2c-core and kmod-i2c-core) providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER. Using latest.
Unknown package 'mjpg-streamer'.
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-video-uvc:
* kernel (= 3.6.11-1-ed604e480405100a0957b1af48d7d021) * kernel (= 3.6.11-1-ed604e480405100a0957b1af48d7d021) * kernel (= 3.6.11-1-ed604e480405100a0957b1af48d7d021) * kernel (= 3.6.11-1-ed604e480405100a0957b1af48d7d021) *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-video-uvc.
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package mjpg-streamer.

i take little rest hopefully somebody can help me again

hfe18

29 Dec 2012, 17:43

Seems like you have the problem that your kernel version doesn't match the required version from the package repository.
That particular problem is discussed elsewhere in this forum.
However, the kmod-video-uvc can be built into the kernel when you compile and build a new firmware for your board (in menuconfig just select that module).
Actually, if you build new firmware you can integrate any programm you need during build time, thus saving you the trouble of opkg usage.

31 Dec 2012, 14:07

I have followed recommendations in the thread and I have added some nameservers (incl 8.8.8.8) into the /etc/resolv.conf file, however I still get the same Problem with the OPKG command. Also I have noticed following issues :(

1. there are additional resolv.conf files, one in the tmp Directory and another one in the tmp Directory with the Addition ....Auto
2. I have also noticed that my changes to the resolv file were lost after having rebooted the Carambola

Any help will be appreciated, thanks

18 Jan 2013, 12:21

the issue has been resolved. I found out that I had configured two HDCP in the LAN, although on the Carambola I had said that there was not an additional server in the LAN, so an obvious conflict. After having changed that indicator everything worked fine.

22 Jan 2013, 18:57

Finally, thank GOD, im able to update my opkg using naythan advise changine the nameserver to 8.8.8.8 and set my dns server same as my gateway since im connected via router,
also, im able to install motion using updating my firmware,but still i have problem that when i connect my webcam to the usb port direct it is powered on, thats why motion failed because it cannot detect the /video0, since already occupied or busy using that port, any idea why the webcam already powered-on thru its LED is lit, even though motion is not activated??

thanks

06 Feb 2013, 12:46
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]