[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - I2C interrupt?
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 15 Jun 2024, 20:47

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 I2C interrupt? 

Hi!

If I understood it correctly, then the current carambola kernel doesn't make use of the I2C peripheral on the RT3050 but instead implements the bit-banging I2C driver using GPIOs, right?

My application requires to periodically read gyro, accelerometer and compass data (from a Sparkfun SEN-10724 sensor stick) with at least 100 Hz. So the GPIO I2C driver will be very slow and consumes a lot of CPU cycles. So I thought I could implement a "true" I2C driver that uses the actual I2C peripheral but as per data sheet, it appears that the I2C peripheral is not connected to the interrupt controller - so it's not possible to create an I2C interrupt handler. I only found a very old version of the data sheet from 2008 (I have seen references to a newer one from 2009) - maybe the data sheet is just missing the appropriate information?

In the mean time, I just mapped the I2C register to user space and created a simple "user space I2C driver" (attached). It can either poll for the completion of an I2C operation or it uses nanosleep() to wait in between bytes. It still sucks a lot of CPU cycles (as a true interrupt driven driver would also do it), but at least it's possible to read the sensor at a rate of 500Hz (I'd prefer 1000 Hz, but >100Hz is probably good enough for me).

regards

Bernhard

Attachments:
carambola_SEN-10724_I2C_example.c [7.27 KiB]
Downloaded 373 times
01 Jan 2013, 15:21

03 Jan 2013, 21:30
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]