[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - StandAlone Wifi-USB Webcam
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:31

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 StandAlone Wifi-USB Webcam 

I would use the carambola as mobil standalone only with usb to stream webcam via wifi.
It will be supported by 7.4V LiPo and step-down converter.

Normally the webcam is supported by 3.7V Lipo and charged from USB, but I checked that it could be directly supported with 3.3V same as carambola and so with the same step-down converter is possible. These converters are very expensive

Is it possible to operate the USB without 5V Power, only with datalines?

If so, I could economize one converter.

Thanks a lot

14 Jan 2013, 12:19

My carambola+dev-board are arrived. I found on Wiki, how to get the board started. Sorry for so many questions, but I am totally new in such like that and wont to buy needless things or crash my new board.

At my notebook I have a RS-232 port which I use for my extra monitor. I am doubt that it can be used to connect dev-board and notebook!?

If not, i found an usb to seriell converter

???

Is this ok? Because I wont and couldnt solder to connect it with TTL level

Last thing to start, is the power supply. Later I will support it with 7.4V LiPo, see post before.
To test and play with the board, I thought about a power supply unit

???

Like I said, I wont crash it on first trial. I think I am on right way, but want to know certainly

14 Jan 2013, 14:39

???

Ok

Is this ok? Because I wont and couldnt solder to connect it with TTL level

Last thing to start, is the power supply. Later I will support it with 7.4V LiPo, see post before.
To test and play with the board, I thought about a power supply unit

???

Yes should work.But better if power supply will be 12V 1A

14 Jan 2013, 15:47

14 Jan 2013, 15:49

OK, thanks for advice. Tomorrow I am going to buy the rest of the components :D

But for one matter I need expert advice. By pressing a button the camera turns on. I measured at power button that by press the button, the pad drives 0V and 3.3V releases it.

I am totally new in this, but is there a possibilty to control the on/off? UART works with 3.3V, only an idea...

14 Jan 2013, 21:47

Toggle it using one of the gpio pins.
(Have a look at the wiki pages to find out how.)
[But pay attention: if I understood your message right, the button you want to drive using the cara is driven "active-low", that means, to toggle your cam on, you'd have to set the respective gpio pin to 0 (!) ]

15 Jan 2013, 00:11

Why do you use such expensive converters? http://www.watterott.com/de/Pololu-Step ... r-D24V6ALV

If you'd buy the components without the board you'd save a lot of money, or you could just use a linear regulator, they can be had for 1/10 of that price.

08 Feb 2013, 09:31

Hi NaYthan,
the step-down converters are not buy until now. They were suggested for this applikation and i didnot research for an alternative. Thanks for advice. I found a regulator from Infineon

Is it like that to handle the voltage? I didnot occupy oneself in applications like that before.

But my worry is to get the board started for streaming. In another post, you´d certainly saw before, i have big trouble and dont know how to solve. Maybe you have an idea?
I spent so much time in this project and be back to square one. Would be pity for me dont succeed.

08 Feb 2013, 12:28
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]