[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - HELP!
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 23:20

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 HELP! 

I received my Carambola 2 last week and after playing around with it for a few days. I decided to try my hand at compiling a new kernel - I've done this repeatedly with TPL 703's - and downloaded one via LUCI. Unfortunately, dumbass that I am, I forgot to compile the LUCI interface and all I have is openWRT over serial. No big deal, I've done that with the TPL703's. However, I can't seem to get any of the usual ways to reflash the Carambola to work.

I tried tftp32 on my windows machine. I can't find a way to connect.
I tried setting up the wifi so that I can SSH into it. Can't get it to work.
Can't get the ethernet cable to connect.

Does anyone have a simple way to do this?

19 Aug 2013, 00:41

Seriously? No one can help with this?

20 Aug 2013, 22:09

21 Aug 2013, 07:27

21 Aug 2013, 15:01

I figured it out eventually. It came down to getting TFTP to work on my computer. May I suggest you update the TFTP section in the Wiki. It doesn't seem to match. For instance, there is no menu you can get to from rebooting. If you pres esc you go to Uboot. Every other key went to the normal boot up. Perhaps the Carambola 2 has a different version of Uboot?

Eventually I was able to download an image to RAM and boot to that. Then I could use the flash option in LUCI to flash an image. I have no idea what eventually worked, I just spit balled it until I got a result.

21 Aug 2013, 16:14
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]