[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - Where to obtain most recent sources ?
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:47

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Where to obtain most recent sources ? 

I've been not working with the carambola for quite some time.

Returning now, I've noticed that the latest commits for the 8devices git repo happened about a year ago - so I'm asking myself where to obtain the most recent sources: 8dev repo or official OpenWRT [seems like they've added some support for the carambola] ?

I'm most interested in having stable drivers for usb audio and such [as, back then, there were quite some issues with the former firmwares].
Does anyone know if there were any patches actually provided [also, back then, there were some bug reports and solving approaches in the 8dev git repo] and if they eventually got included in the OpenWRT sources as well ?

Thanks for any feedback on this.

30 Jan 2014, 20:41

Update:

You should stick to 8dev's sources, as the current openWRT sources would produce a firmware that won't boot.
[Using the default config options, it wouldn't ever reach a console and just get stuck in the boot process.]

01 Feb 2014, 14:03

Actually it is possible to use the newest Openwrt sources.
You have to customize a few things in the kernelconfig, but after that it works quite nicely.
SPI, I2C, ethernet , wifi , UART, USB, console all seem to work fine.
Only quirk i encountered is that you cant use ethtool or mii-tool, they both fail to recognize the ethernet interface.

I can post some instructions if someone likes me to.

Update:
Just tried ethtool and mii-tool on stock firmware. They do not work also.
Seems as if they need to be patched or maybe the ralink ethernet driver is missing something.

Last edited by xn2000 on 06 Feb 2014, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.

06 Feb 2014, 10:57

06 Feb 2014, 11:03

*bump*

I DO.

[Excuse me for using CAPS, but since there was no reaction to my previous post ... ]

08 Feb 2014, 23:40

Sorry for the late answer, haven't been keeping track of this thread.

Attached my kernel configfile below :

you can customize it to your liking ,but everything in [Device Drivers] > [MTD support] must not be changed.

If you would like to get access to the full uart device use my attached patch. It is located in "openwrt-directory"/target/linux/ramips/patches-3.10/
It is built for kernel 3.10.24, but it should work with other versions too. You have to change paths accordingly.

In order to get SPI,I2C access, "openwrt-directory"/target/linux/ramips/dts/CARAMBOLA.dts and "openwrt-directory"/target/linux/ramips/dts/rt3050.dtsi have to be modified.
I attached my cutom files below. In my rt3050.dtsi there is a "at25df321a" flash chip attached to SPI.

Edit:
You also have to activate uart in your DTS and DTSI files. See in my config files. You could probably just copy and paste them.

Hope i could help, have fun ;)

Attachments:
1000-ramips_uartf_fix.patch.tar.gz [431 Bytes]
Downloaded 356 times
DTS.tar.gz [1.55 KiB]
Downloaded 370 times
kernelconfig.tar.gz [11.58 KiB]
Downloaded 374 times
17 Feb 2014, 15:09
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]