www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:33

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Carambola2 questions 

Hello, I really like the new Carambola2 board and want to use it in an application with SPI LED segment display driver. Pinout in datasheets includes SPI lines but info in eshop does not mention SPI as an available interface.

1) Will I be able to use SPI?

2) Is Carambola2's UART hooked to some terminal or can I use it to interface some other chip?

3) I noticed that the Carambola2 demo board has got spots without copper under the module, propablby to meet testing points on the bottom of Carambola2. Is this neccesary? If so, will there be some drawing with dimensions, so that I will be able to design footprint properly?

Thank youy very much,

Adam

05 Apr 2013, 20:33

Carambola's SPI is internally connected to flash memory.But module has 2 CS signals so SPI IMHO can be shared for external devices too.
UART of course can be used to interface other chips but you need to disable console messages for example via gpio pin.
Or use FTDI chip connected via USB port.

06 Apr 2013, 06:40

Thank you, I will then order also the bundle with expansion board and test it before drawing my own board :-)

How is it with the footprint? Is it neccessary to have "no copper" under test pads on the bottom of Carambola?

07 Apr 2013, 12:05
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]