[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - Carambola Wifi client over Repeater.
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:15

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Carambola Wifi client over Repeater. 

Hello,

I have configured Carambola 2 as WIFI AP and client together. The Carambola as client connects a known router, it get a fixed IP address via DHCP.

So far so good. NTP is setting the time, I can access the internet from Carambola board, routing is ok.

Now I have installed a repeater (no Carambola board) for our router to increase the WLAN operating distance. Same SSID and same PW. A notebook connected to this repeater has internet access as awaited. The Carambola connects as before to the repeater, too - but does not have internet access. I cannot ping the router from the Carambola board. But I can connect the Carambola via the router.

It seems to me, that I have to change the firewall config or so, but does not know, how.

Do you have any hints?

Mike.

05 Feb 2014, 10:44

can you share your config files ?
/etc/config/wireless
/etc/config/network
/etc/config/firewall
/etc/config/dhcp
/etc/resolv.conf

06 Feb 2014, 17:13

Disabling firewall does not change anything. Some tries further I think it is a repeater issue, not a Carambola issue. We do not use Carambola as repeater.

With old repeater firmware the repeater connects the router with his connected stations MAC and with his own MAC for his WEB GUI only. On the router I can use MAC to IP binding, but the Carambola has no internet access.

With new repeater firmware the repeater connects the router always with its own MAC (multiple connects with same MAC). I cannot use MAC to IP binding, but the Carambola has internet access.

To use MAC to IP binding (otherwise the Carambola has to connect a server to publish its local IP) AND internet access (for example, to do NTP time setting) I think we have to buy a new router which can operate in repeater compatible WDS mode (the repeater has it).

21 Feb 2014, 07:53

I have the 2gb data plan for my iphone5 from Verizon. If I have the wifi on and have the little wifi sign up in the corner instead of the 3G/LTE up in the corner, am I still using up data even though the wifi is on? Also, when I'm using wifi, does iMessage still use data or does it use the wifi?

27 Feb 2014, 10:09
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]