[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - Carambola 2 SPI device
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 08:40

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Carambola 2 SPI device 

Hi
How do I use the SPI bus from userspace? I have spidev driver enabled in kernel config,
kmod-spi-dev too, but there is no /dev/spidev1.1 or anything else related to spi in /dev/.
I can see /sys/class/spi_master and /sys/class/spidev but no device node. I saw
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/spi/spidev as a way to do userspace spi comm,
am I doing anything wrong?

10 Jun 2013, 11:08

11 Jun 2013, 16:40

Hi, I was able to register bitbanged gpio and get it to work after
looking at source for other routers in arch/mips/ath97, it was
similar to how m25p80 is registered for spi. It didn't occur to me
that I could change one of the chip selects to work with spidev.
Thanks for the tip!

11 Jun 2013, 16:54

12 Jun 2013, 07:56

As far as I understand the situation:

CS0 is used for SPI flash. It's routed out of the board (pin 27 according to the schematics), but not really usable.
The internal CS1 and CS2 signals are also the UART TX and RX lines, most people will want to avoid giving up their console.
So the right way to connect additional SPI slaves is to allocate a free GPIO pin and set up the spi device accordingly.
The AR9331's SPI interface is bit-banged anyway, not buffered, so there's not much of a performance difference.

Right?

02 Mar 2014, 02:09

06 Mar 2014, 05:25

06 Mar 2014, 09:10

Hi,

I changed the code as stated in tavish his post (files "dev-m25p80.c" & "mach-carambola2.c") and enabled "kmod-spi-dev" via make menuconfig.

I connected my spi flash like:

3.3v -> J13 16
CS -> J12 - 14 (GPIO 22)
MISO -> J13 14
GND -> J13 20
MOSI -> J13 13
SCK -> J13 12

Do I need to do more? (if I look with dmesg I only see the onboard flash).

Do I see the spin1 in /sys/class/spi_master even when I did not connect the second api flash?

Regards,

Mark

05 Jul 2014, 10:20

19 Sep 2014, 10:03
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]