[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - Carambola 2 Dev Kit bricked after wireless association?
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:32

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Carambola 2 Dev Kit bricked after wireless association? 

Hi,

I got my hands on a carambola 2 dev kit. I booted it up, telnet, passwd, exited telnet, started an ssh session and everything was fine. I browsed to the LuCI web interface, scanned for a network and tried to associate the board to an AP. The LuCI interface was saying that it was applying the modifications and then it took ages on the waiting screen. I waited for a while and did a reboot (disconnecting the USB cable). After that, I can't access carambola no more and I think it is restarting in a loop. The LED light near the USB port lits, after some 20 seconds it lits again, and so on... Is there any way to access OpenWRT's failsafe mode? I already tried pushing the buttons during the boot (usually failsafe is activated through some kind of button on the devices). No luck :/

Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Elisiário Couto

18 Nov 2013, 17:17

Just start a console through the USB connection and press the reset button and watch for the failsafe prompt. The host computer os will determine details, on windows most use PuTTY, on Linux I like picocom.

I believe the data sheet I have has the buttons mislabeled so try both.

19 Nov 2013, 00:35

Or press "enter" on PC terminal.

19 Nov 2013, 05:58

Ok. I managed to get into failsafe mode through minicom on OS X. I ran "firstboot" and I configured the wireless. After that, I ran "wifi" and same problem :/
sysupgrade -> same problem
default wifi configuration -> same problem, boot after reboot.

Could it be power issues?

19 Nov 2013, 13:57

19 Nov 2013, 14:12

BTW if you need support from our programmers ask here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=203
because they don't read this forum.

19 Nov 2013, 14:22

Ok, I discovered that it were power issues :/
Everytime I tried to enable the wireless, the Carambola restarted. I plugged in an external power source and it works :D
Thanks for the help

19 Nov 2013, 15:29
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]