www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:54

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Got my Carambola 2 today and have few questions 

Hello peps,

Finally after literally two weeks of waiting I have got my Carambola 2 today :D alongside with the power supply sold from the 8devices shop.

I got a little upset when I looked at the board and I couldn't find the socket to plug in that power supply, shame on me I have just found out that goes with the Carombola board, and not with the 2.

Also, since I have recently moved to another place, I happened not to have a Micro USB cable (will buy it tomorrow), and at this point I am wondering, does the Carambola 2 board takes the power from the mini USB port?

I do really hope so since I literally don't know anything about soldering, I mainly got it to make a TOR wifi hotspot out of it.

Lastly, in the likely case it takes the power from the mini USB port, is there a way I can use that power supply I bought with it?

I know what I have just asked sounds very silly, but like I said I don't know anything about electronic components.

24 Oct 2013, 20:17

Hello,
yes correct Carambola2 takes power from PC via USB.You not need additional external power supply.Of course you can use external power supply via USB inserter too if you need to have more power for 3G modem etc.
BTW you need not micro USB cable but mini USB cable.

25 Oct 2013, 04:25

Hello gedass,

Thanks for your kind reply.

Yeah I kinda figured now, I should have looked at the board more carefully before to buy the adapter, but I got confused with the carambola board.

Anyways, before making another post I swear I have searched for about two hours for a sort of insert that could be suitable for my case.

I think what I need is a female EU plug to female usb, or something like that.

Perhaps does it has a specific name, do you know where to find it or do you have any other ideas about how to use this power supply with the carambola 2 ?

Thank you very much and apologize for these silly questions.

Thanks

25 Oct 2013, 08:48

Hi,
you need to buy cable like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1ft-short-USB-M ... 0993590459
For external power supply I have custom made cable.

25 Oct 2013, 12:47

Hello gedass,

I actually need an insert / adapter to use the external power supply I bought along with the Carambola 2.

Thanks

25 Oct 2013, 17:48
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]