[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - Doubts how to configure it...
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:28

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Doubts how to configure it... 

hi guys...

My Carambola 2 arrived more or less two weeks ago... :P

I noticed that it comes pre-configured with eth1(wan), and a bridge(br0) for eth0+wlan0.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want this scenario...

https://cld.pt/dl/download/0caff1c1-13d ... etwork.png

In this way I have.

eth0 192.168.10.1/24 for network 192.168.10.0/24
eth1 192.168.1.2/30 for internet
wlan0 192.168.100.1 for wireless network 192.168.100.0/24
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
default gateway of carambola2 is the WAN eth0 router
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in network 192.168.10.0/24 I have a DHCP and DNS servers, which I want to maintain only for that network..

So I end with a DHCP and DNS severs that will stay in Carambola2 and will only serve the wireless network(192.168.100.0/24)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconfigured all the interfaces in the web interface of carambola2...
I added a default gateway for eth1 of router WAN...all the interfaces have been configured with this default gateway...is this problematic?

Now my carambola knows how to send packets from/two my internal networks...
for the packages that goes from my networks to the outside...they go trough the gateway...

the packages that come from WAN to my network(two static route rules in router WAN send to eth1 of carambola)..i don't know if they are routed to the right place(in carambola2)..??this is one problem...and if I try to acess router WAN eth0 from my nets, I have problems :S

the third problem is that...I can't use the wireless in this configuration...and I don't know why...in the pre-configured config, I was able to use it...but now, a client stays some time trying and fail :(
Maybe the problem is related to DHCP server...

How can I configure DHCP/DNS server only for wireless(192.168.100.0/24) network?

any body knows...sorry the question...is too long, but if any body can help, I appreciate since I am testing Carambola2 for a target project, I am thinking in buying dozens of them to the project...but only if it works for my config...

thanks in advance

regards
tux

10 Nov 2013, 03:13

Hi guys...

I found that in the above config the motif why I don't get connected to wireles...is the dnsmasq server...
----------------------------------------------------
I made via ssh:
/etc/init.d/dnsmasq restart

dnsmasq: bad dhcp-option at line 24 of /var/etc/dnsmasq.conf

--------------------------------------------
I don't know why this error apears, but shoudn't dnsmasq configure via /etc/dnsmasq.conf file instead of /var/etc/dnsmasq.conf ?
--------------------------------------------
this is my /var/etc/dnsmasq.conf:
cat /var/etc/dnsmasq.conf
# auto-generated config file from /etc/config/dhcp
conf-file=/etc/dnsmasq.conf
dhcp-authoritative
domain-needed
strict-order
localise-queries
read-ethers
bogus-priv
expand-hosts
domain=wireless.home
server=/wlan/
server=212.55.154.174
dhcp-leasefile=/tmp/dhcp.leases
resolv-file=/tmp/resolv.conf.auto
stop-dns-rebind
rebind-localhost-ok

no-dhcp-interface=eth0
no-dhcp-interface=eth1
dhcp-range=wlan,192.168.100.100,192.168.100.249,255.255.255.0,12h
dhcp-option=wlan,212.55.154.174

address=/Carambola2.wireless.home/192.168.10.130 <------------------------------------ like you see this network is not mine :S
ptr-record=130.10.168.192.in-addr.arpa,Carambola2.wireless.home <------------------------ like you see this network is not mine :S

---------------------------------------------------------
I will only have dhcp/dns via carambola2 dnsmasq server in Wlan network... so this have to be 192.168.100.1(wlan0), and not the eth0 interface....

does any one know how to solve this?where are the zones configured?? my /etc/dnsmasq.conf is empty :S

thanks in advance

regards
tux

15 Nov 2013, 02:56

hi,
the bove link is broken...rhis is my the network I whant:
https://dl-web.meocloud.pt/dlweb/downlo ... etwork.png

any help on this issue?

thanks in advance

regards
tux

16 Nov 2013, 22:00