[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - USBinput to Wifi
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:07

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 USBinput to Wifi 

Hello guys,

another project for carambola!!!
I will start working on an oppertunity to connect my solar charge controller to carambola2 and send Data via wifi to Android
to display earnings, usage, battery capacity, etc.

At Windows there exist an application to show charger data. To get it work, an VCP-Driver (Virtual Com Port) is necessary.

Is VCP available for OpenWRT? Did somebody gained experience with VCP?
I´ve read about kmod-usb-serial, kmod-usb-acm to work with VCP.

The second step will be to develope a proxyprogram to request the solar charger and transfer incoming data via wifi to Android. I´m still learning about the possiblites of openwrt and hope to get start-up aid for my next project.

If i get the USB-Adapter work, i would let you know.

Thanks over again for attending to and best regards

Cheers
Rudi

26 Nov 2013, 21:20

Did you noticed this:

27 Nov 2013, 07:31

thanks for approach... this looks much better without soldering

Hope to find a possibility to use this feature in android.

In picture at wikidocu it seems to be carambola is in sta-mode and connect over wifi with router to ethernet to pc.

Does usb/ip works in ap-mode and the device to share usb with is connect direct to carambola via wifi?
If so, i will follow up this.

28 Nov 2013, 21:23

So, do You need a "transparent" serial-over-wifi station? You can use ser2net package to run a server on the openwrt side, multiple serial ports can be connected to it with different port numbers, then You can connect to IP:port with any common PC side app, like PuTTY, GPSGate, etc...

AR9331 has only one physical serial port and console is already assigned to it, but You can disconnect this function and use it as You wish, or You can connect any FTDI / PL2303 / CH34x / CP210x / etc chipset based USB to serial adapters

29 Nov 2013, 13:42

Attachments:
2.PNG
2.PNG [ 29.99 KiB | Viewed 3444 times ]
30 Nov 2013, 07:44

30 Nov 2013, 10:53

thanks Peter, first test was successfully... PC - over USBSerial - to Carambola2 - over ser2net - to Android

With SSH i used at older wifi-webcam-project to edit mjpg-streamer-config like framerate, resolution from my Android.
Now i need an telnet client to receive the bytes from solarcontroller, dont know yet, may the ssh client library supports telnet too.

Thanks again for effort, my project still wait for the components (panel, solarcharge-controller-battery)
If something presentable consists i will let you know on project-posts

Cheers
Rudi

04 Dec 2013, 12:58
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]