www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 09 May 2024, 00:36

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Carambola2 availability 

What is the lead time for the (currently out of stock) carambola2 dev-board bundle?

What is the plan for long-term availability of the Carambola2 module? How far in the future should I expect to be able to purchase new modules?

15 Apr 2014, 17:50

Excellent questions, also very much on my mind. It would really be great if 8-devices could answer this publicly, or as much of it as possible. Failing that, I'll need to email or phone them and ask exactly these sorts of questions.

I am in the initial stages of incorporating Carambola-2 into a product, and answers to non-technical questions like these will be an important part of determining whether or not I'll be able to use the Carambola-2 module. From the technical side the C2 looks superb.... but to make a significant bet of my company's future on a sole-sourced part, one needs to get comfortable with questions like these!

I notice at the moment in 8device's web store that the dev-board bundle is now back in stock, however the Carambola-2 module is shown as being not in stock. If I could make a suggestion, it would be great if the web site not only said "out of stock", but also included an estimated availability date.

25 Apr 2014, 13:23

Still no news on when the modules will be available again?

12 May 2014, 09:08
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]