[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - SPI on Carambola 2
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:30

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 SPI on Carambola 2 

07 Oct 2014, 08:44

Hi again,

it's me ;) The compiled firmware is running now with your interrupt modifications. I also studied the gpio-test example of you. I'm trying to pair the SPI example with the interrupt modifications to ensure, that the MCP2515 is only called by Carambola after the MCP2515 indicates a new CAN message via RX0BUF.
The problem is, that I don't really know how to pair the ISR of the interrupt with a function of mine.

The best way would be to compile a kernel module to exchange data via spi, startet by an occuring interrupt. I tried to insert the code of my userspace module in your example, but I'm always getting errors saying he didn't find the headers.

My idea waas to run a bash script on startup which
1) Initializes the MCP2515 to be in Listening Mode
2) Inserts the GPIO-to-IRQ module to map a gpio pin to the interrupt handler

Is it possible to include the realted sourcecode to the kernel module? In this book they say it's not a good idea to pair userspace programs with kernel modules. Can s.o. give me an advice to a better way?

Thanks!

09 Oct 2014, 10:33

09 Oct 2014, 13:17

09 Oct 2014, 23:02

Hi Gerd,
big thanks! I'm trying to compile it with a new repository. I'm getting an error from make while compiling:
"Package kmod-can-mcp251x is missing dependencies for the following libraries:
can-dev.ko"

Where to enable can-dev? I can't find it in the menuconfig under "kernel modules / CAN Support / ..". By searching with "/" I didn't get a result.
Thanks!

13 Oct 2014, 12:00

13 Oct 2014, 12:36

Mh, I did an update and a make clean before compiling. Do I have to add something like "can-dev" in the CAN support menuconfig entry? There isn't sth. like this?! At the moment I've only enabled <menuconfig>/Kernel Modules/kmod-can-mcp251x and <menuconfig>/Kernel Modules/CAN support/kmod-can - both with * and not with M. In the dropdown of kmod-CAN I did not choose anything.

Is there something wrong?

13 Oct 2014, 13:42

13 Oct 2014, 15:14

Hi Gerd. I added the diff-file in the same folder "target/linux/ar71xx/patches-3.10", is this correct? I think, the name of the file is not pertinent?!

This afternoon I will pull a new repository again and try it again.

Thanks!

14 Oct 2014, 08:53

14 Oct 2014, 09:49
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next