[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - SPI on Carambola 2
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 08:22

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 SPI on Carambola 2 

09 Sep 2014, 19:59

Hi together,

think i've got it working. I connected the MOSI and MISO of the SPI device and accessed the device via spidev. Result: Received some data on the MISO-port. At the weekend I will be able to snif all ports with my logic analyzer. If it works completely, I'll post what I've done.

So far,
crackhe4d

10 Sep 2014, 13:59

Hi,
I'm interesting too in the issue. This evening I'll try with the compiling after dev-m25p80.c modify.
Actually I've tried only with spi-gpio-custom.
I don't understand what modify is necessary on mach-carambola.c

What about spi-gpio-custom, spi-gpio, spi-bitbangin?

Thanks
ferro

10 Sep 2014, 15:07

10 Sep 2014, 20:10

Hi at all
I've tried to modify the source (I've modified 2 files dev-m25p80.c and mach-carambola2.c) as described into:
https://qdevel.wordpress.com/2014/01/08 ... -carte-sd/
It's work perfectly (kernel3.10). I'm able to see and mount the SD card.

My road map actually is:
Try to modify only dev-m25p80.c and define CS=22 GPIO (eventually I will see at what point it work)
Try to add another SD card (2 SD in total) with CS=23 GPIO (Actually I think that will be enough to add another entry in the array spi_board_info ath79_spi_info[] in the file dev-m25p80.c)
Try to communicate with another kind of SPI device (in this case the experience of crackhe4d and Gerd are welcome)
Try to write a simple SPI driver

Regards
Ferro

11 Sep 2014, 12:18

12 Sep 2014, 16:17

Hey guys, I would like to do a short survey for what applications you need/want SPI the most (or why do you need it). General SPI, additional memory, touchscreens, something else? If you have specific part number post them too!

Thanks!

15 Sep 2014, 06:34

hi everyone,

i read this thread since a few weeks because i want to use the carambola2 in my bachlor project. I'm fairly new to the embedded world and programming so plz bear with me.

Since i want to connect can-bus to the board i successfully connected it via the usb2can adapter but i also want to try the spi way with the gnublin can module.

At the beginning of the thread giedrius saied that all chip selects are already occupied but since i dont use UART on these pins cant i simply reuse this 2 chip selecs for my can project?
Or is there a simple way to get can-spi working with gpio without falling back to an previous kernel (...well i see u guys working on it ...) ?

Greez

ray

15 Sep 2014, 11:12

Last edited by Gerd on 15 Sep 2014, 15:40, edited 4 times in total.

15 Sep 2014, 15:21

15 Sep 2014, 15:32
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next