[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - Using Carambola2 as a client and not a router
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 14:20

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Using Carambola2 as a client and not a router 

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to configure Carambola to be more of a client device (like a PC) than a router which means that only one ethernet port would be used. In the default clean build of the openwrt-ar71xx-generic-carambola2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin the behaviour I'm getting is internet access via ETH1 WAN port (i can ping online servers but i can't connect to Carambola from local network) and only local network access on ETH0 LAN port, while there's no internet access. I need to plug both to my router to be able to connect to the board from local network and have internet access on the board.

Given that I'm trying to figure out a way to use only one ETH port to have both feature (local network accessibility and internet access). I assume that the whole thing could be achieved by some clever tricks on an OpenWRT equivalent of /etc/network/interfaces on Debian. Not being fluent in editing linux network configuration files this turns out to be quite of a puzzle for me... Is there some reference I've missed or maybe someone knows how o to configure Carambola to work as a regular network client?

09 Sep 2015, 07:26

It's not entirely clear for me what kind of network configuration are you trying to achieve, but I'm sure that you can cover most cases by using the web interface - you won't need to edit any configuration files manually. That should include enabling SSH access via WAN interface. In any case it can be done manually: http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/firewall#examples and https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=24683

09 Sep 2015, 20:53

Thank you for your answer. I've tried enabling SSH on WAN port but the thing is that Carambola bundle asks the DHCP server for a IP address only when connected on the ETH0 LAN port is connected. I don't receive a local IP address when connecting on ETH1 WAN... But when I'm connected only with ETH0 LAN port I can't access any remote internet addresses so in the end I need both to connect frlo local network and have access to remote servers.
How could I configure the device to have both LAN and WAN on one port and connect using only 1 cable?

14 Sep 2015, 11:45

I think it was caused by some strange configuration in my network. After some patching it worked

16 Sep 2015, 12:27

29 Sep 2015, 08:24
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]