[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - WiFi AP disappears after a while
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:38

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 WiFi AP disappears after a while 

07 Nov 2016, 11:17

Hi,
do you use original firmware dedicated to Carambola2 ?

07 Nov 2016, 11:24

Yes, with some customizations - I've added an I2C RTC, EEPROM and 2 SPI devices to the board file, but that's pretty much it. Maybe you could point me to some specific logs I should check or debug programs to run? I don't expect anyone to debug this for me, just point me to the best places and methods to debug this kind of glitch.

07 Nov 2016, 14:55

Try to post your issue here:
https://github.com/8devices/carambola2/issues

or try different firmware image (version) from:
http://pkg.8devices.com/?dir=carambola2/

It seems to me like your rf local oscilator in wrong position
and RF calibrating partition distorted.

07 Nov 2016, 15:02

The RF calibration partition isn't overwritten by a FW update, right? So if it's broken, this wouldn't get fixed by a simple reflash to a stock firmware?

I had a few experiments where I flashed the firmware while an SD card was attached to the device and due to faulty settings in the board file, the firmware got corrupted while being copied. I suspect that the SD card fiasco might've corrupted the RF calibration too. Would dumping it help to check it's validity? Is there any non-optimal-but-working RF cal. image available?

Thanks a bunch for the pointers!

07 Nov 2016, 15:18

07 Nov 2016, 15:27

Try to change WiFi channel.

08 Nov 2016, 07:18

Changed channel from 11 to 1 and now it seems to stay up. Additionally, other correctly flashed modules seem to not have the same behaviour.
It seems that truly a borked calibration partition was to blame.

I'll be sure to post again if something breaks again though.

15 Nov 2016, 10:02
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]