www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:53

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Triggering engine failsafe mode with USB2CAN 

Hello, I am having the same issue I read in the topic regarding the Nissan Versa by user TimWest.

In my case it's about a Peugeot 508 Sedan Hybrid from 2012.

I used a DB9 cable like this https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10087 I just ordered it from a local distributor in my country (https://www.robofun.ro/cablu_odb-II_db9).

I managed to install the device very easily on ubuntu linux (I have a fair amount of experience in linux, in my day job I am a backend developer for linux based web service applications).

I tried setting it up originally at 500kbps, the device went green, all good, as soon as I plugged it in, everything went crazy. I am assuming it's somehow affecting the can bus in a bad way since devices seem not be able to communicate.
However I just turn it off and back on and all is good again. Then I tried at 125kbps, this time having it plugged in when the car was off, and then starting it, and again as soon as it started, everything went crazy.

I stopped trying after that.

I am assuming my OBD cable is not compatible, do I have to buy a Lexia adapter and use one of those cables? Does this mean Peugeot has a more proprietary protocol?

I am just asking to get an idea of where to go to from here. My endgoal is to use some sort of embedded device to replace my RT6 Navi, but first I need to capture all the frames so I can duplicate them (sort of like this dude over here did with an arduino and iphone: medium.com/@alexandreblin/can-bus-reverse-engineering-with-arduino-and-ios-5627f2b1709a)

Thank you.

27 May 2017, 20:07

I ordered the OBD cable from Mouser.com, let's hope that was the issue :)

I will keep you updated (whoever is reading this :)

08 Jun 2017, 15:11
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]