[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - USB2Can, sniffing
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 18:31

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 USB2Can, sniffing 

I have an Audi A5 2012, I recently purchased a CANLogger 2000 with ODBII cable to try and sniff CANbus packets. The device would not auto detect the bit rate, so on advice from the supplier I edited the configuration and set the bit rate to 500Kbps.

However still no activity logged. The supplier then suggested that I may have to poll for the data. At this point I packaged it back up and sent it back to the supplier.

I am now thinking of purchasing a USB2CAN adapter to do the same, can I simply connect one of these to the ODBII port and sniff the bus for packets?

I want to capture the following, packets when brakes are used, left / right indicators, reverse and lights.

Is this possible?

Thank you for any assistance.

Simon

20 Nov 2017, 13:02

USB2CAN is CAN bus <-> USB converter only.You need additional software for logging and sniffing.

20 Nov 2017, 13:19

Thank you, any suggestions?

20 Nov 2017, 13:48

SocketCAN for example

20 Nov 2017, 15:06

I'm using iOS (High Sierra) is there support for iOS on both USB2Can and SocketCan ?

20 Nov 2017, 15:58

Linux only

20 Nov 2017, 17:39

Ok, which distribution, I can set-up a virtual machine.

20 Nov 2017, 20:07

Since my last visit I've now got USB2CAN module installed correctly and running on Ubuntu. I've connect the laptop to my car via the USB2CAN module and the cable I purchased for this purpose.

I've tried using "cansniffer" and Kayak, but I don't see any activity at all...I setup the bitrate to be 500000, can anyone help me to get going?

18 Dec 2017, 12:50

Would the device work on a virtual machine that is running Linux or Windows?

20 Jan 2018, 07:55

22 Jan 2018, 17:15
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next