[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - Triggering engine failsafe mode [Solved]
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 10:21

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Triggering engine failsafe mode [Solved] 

Hi.

I recently got my USB2CAN and tried it on a 2008 Nissan Versa but it causes some odd issues.

Plugging the USB2CAN to the car using this immediately causes the vehicle to go into engine failsafe mode and turn the "check engine" light on, giving me code "U1000". Please note I haven't even plugged the USB2CAN into my laptop, therefore the USB2CAN is off but plugged into the car's OBD2 port via serial connection.

As soon as I disconnect the USB2CAN from the serial cable, the car goes back to normal as if nothing ever happened. However, the "check engine" light remains on with the same "U1000" code, but I managed to clear it using an .

Oddly, the car does not react to my OBDLink LX the same way the USB2CAN does.

Furthermore, initialising the USB2CAN via my laptop using can-utils on Ubuntu (thus turning the USB2CAN's light green) does not solve the problem.

I would appreciate any and all assistance and will gladly answer any questions you have regarding this issue. Thank you for your time.

Best,
Tim

03 Feb 2017, 04:26

Hi,
wrong cable pinout , connection speed ?

03 Feb 2017, 10:16

Attachments:
File comment: OBD2 cable pinout
IMG_0638_smaller.png
IMG_0638_smaller.png [ 977.7 KiB | Viewed 7256 times ]
03 Feb 2017, 18:14

Hey,

unfortunately it seems that you've bought the wrong cable.
The problem is the pinout on the DB9 side of the cable.
See the reply I posted here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=998&start=10#p4103

Greetings,
Johannes

11 Feb 2017, 11:11

12 Feb 2017, 05:11

I'm glad to be of help. If the new cable fixes your problem, please let us know. :)

Thanks!

12 Feb 2017, 10:40

20 Feb 2017, 04:00

Glad to hear everything's working now. :)

You could build an adapter and use the already ordered cable as a spare.

Greetings,
Johannes

03 Mar 2017, 15:01
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]