[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - USB2CAN doesn't work
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:38

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 USB2CAN doesn't work 

Hello,

I recently purchased USB2CAN - ED000225, but I couldn't make it to work both on Linux\Windows 7 OS.

- Opened through Dfuse 2.2.1, pushed verify button - verify successful
- when push the Leave DFU mode this massage appears - .
- then I just re-plug the cable and Windows recognize it as USB2CAN

I have two boards one is Olimex lpc-p11c24 another LPCXpresso LPC11C24, both has the same processors. And both are programmed to send\receive the CAN massages and blink whenever there is an activity on CAN bus. The integrity was checked by connecting these 2 boards via CAN - LED's are blinking, massages send and receives.
- open TestApp, the screen looks like that - , open the port -> the status LED on USB2CAN solid green; push Send Msg -> status LED fast blinking green. The connected lpc board doens't response.
- Change the speed to 1 MB (as I understood it's the number after serial #ED) - , result is the same: open the port -> the status LED on USB2CAN solid green; push Send Msg -> status LED fast blinking green. The connected lpc board doens't response.

Here are the pictures of connections on both boards, just to exclude this issue:

#### Linux, Kubuntu
uname -a
3.16.0-31-generic #41-Ubuntu SMP Tue Feb 10 15:24:04 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

followed the steps here - . When connect USB2CAN, status LED red solid; after command ip link set can0 up type can bitrate 1000000 sample-point 0.875 -> green solid, but doesn't react on connection to LPC11c24 boards (these boards also doen't see any acivity on bus)

ifconfig -a
can0 Link encap:UNSPEC HWaddr 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
UP RUNNING NOARP MTU:16 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:10
RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

candump can0
nothing displayed.

It seams that your product doens't work, please help me with this issue I need a CANbus monitor as fast as possible.
Thank you in advance.

02 Mar 2015, 13:04

Hello,
for can bus speed more than 125 kbit need to attach terminators 120R to both sides.
Or try to decrease bus speed down to 125kbit.

02 Mar 2015, 16:12

On one of the board, the USB2CAN is connected directly by connector so the distance between nodes is extremely small - it shouldn't be a reason.

Anyway, I've added another terminator and reduce the sped to 125 kbit, but the result is the same.

I also tried on Windows 8, and I re-flash both EEPROM image (ED000225) and firmware image v1.5. Result is the same.

I start to think that there might be a defect in my USB2CAN, cause one of the guy I'm working with remotely has completely the same setup as me (the same board, working on 1Mbit without extra terminator) has no problems with his USB2CAN module. Is there a way to check somehow the work-ability of my module?

02 Mar 2015, 19:22

It seems that you are using wrong usb2can pinout.The first pin is on top and left.
http://fs91.www.ex.ua/get/297789659917/ ... 113901.jpg

Attachments:
9pinout.jpg
9pinout.jpg [ 21.29 KiB | Viewed 4465 times ]
03 Mar 2015, 05:36

Yes, thank you!
But from the schematics here it's not explicit.
And I have this board on which the CAN connector is depicted and it's logically that you should connect it from the top, where the connector is outlined; and it also make a delusion that pins are reverted.

03 Mar 2015, 11:00
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]