www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:45

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Wi-Fi 

I have bought some Carambola 2 modules, and i am testing a board designed by me, similar to development board, but smaller, without wired ethernet, only wi-fi. Carambola is booting well, handles well files on a pendrive connected to USB, but when i enable wi-fi on the config file board resets and reboot in a infinite loop. To take again control of the board i need failsafe boot and then 'firstboot' command. Board has room for a chip antenna, but for safer testing right now chip antenna is not soldered and an external antenna is connected using ufl connector. This antenna has already been used for other projects and performs very well. For more safety in the config file txpower has been set to 10 (dBm and also milliwatts). I can not understand what happens. Somebody can help ? Thanks in advance.

Gianfranco

26 May 2014, 20:07

HI,
maybe something wrong with 3V power supply ?

27 May 2014, 03:34

Thank you for your suggestion. What is weak is 5V power supply. In fact on my board i have also dropped ftdi chip, and i connect to PC using a cheap usb to ttl converter from DX ( www.dx.com - sku (p/n) 152317 or 224704). Both are already tested and communicate well, but the 5V is a little weak, considering than between 5V and 3.3V voltage regulator (an excellent L1117 from ST, 800 mA capable) i have inserted a protection diode. With stronger PwS Wi-Fi starts well.

Regards

Gianfranco

27 May 2014, 15:36

Around your Carambola-2 module i have developed Belinonda-4 , a wearable Wi-Fi internet site. Full description and files are in my site, in the page

http://www.belinonda.com/05/Belinonda_4.htm

Since you are the developers of Carambola, any correction or suggestion will be welcome. I speak about you also in the page

http://www.belinonda.com/03/Carambola.htm

and also in the page

http://www.belinonda.com/08/_files/Linu ... o_2014.pdf

This last file is a presentation in italian. and no english translation is planned. The site www.belinonda.com is a english translation in progress of the italian version (www.belinonda.it). If something is of your interest, let me know. I can be contacted also on my mail address,

gianfranco_poncini@fastwebnet.it

Regards

Gianfranco (aka Belinonda)

07 May 2015, 22:04
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]