[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - Customize UPER1 board using PIC32MX µC instead LPC
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:39

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Customize UPER1 board using PIC32MX µC instead LPC 

Hi,

are there any guidlines/howtos on customizing the UPER1 board running a PIC32MX mircocontroller instead of NXP LPC?
What I need to do on my PIC32MX µC in detail to get it running ?

1. Design new PCB (replacement of NXP LPC µC) --> No problem for me
2. USB CDC stack (virtual com port ????) --> Integration of Microchip USB CDC stack on PIC32MX -->No problem
3. SFP stack integration -> might I modify the NXP LPC SFP stack? Where to find it?
4. Periphery assignment (GPIO, ADC, SPI, I2C, UART, PWM, IRQ.....) to work with SFP commands

Any help is appretiated
Piwi

29 Jan 2015, 10:32

UPER1 is not publicly released, so there are no guidlines. Also the code is not really "nice" - contains some testing remnants and harcoded bits, which need to be refractored when porting to another microcontroller. However I know that someone has successfully ported it to some atmel chips and I also did few tests with STM chips. In short, UPER1 consists mainly of communication interface, SFP handler and the actual command (peripheral control) implementation. So the communication (it doesn't have to be USB - as long as it implements SFPStream class) and peripherals are the ones that have to be adjusted and everything else should more or less work with minor adjustments.

29 Jan 2015, 18:41

Ok, thanks for your hints.

are those sources for Atmel and STM public?
What are SFPStream classes?
Which USB hub IC is populated on the UPER1 board and is it compiled into the Carambola2 Linux Kernel, so that Carambola2 and UPER1 may communicate among each other?

Thanks in advance
Piwi

30 Jan 2015, 06:36

The atmel code is (I think) this one https://github.com/ks156/WeIODuino.

SFPStream description can be found in the code.

We used USB2640 hub from Microchip, however it is not needed. We added it only to have an additional USB slot. Communications on UPER1 is done via USB CDC protocol, so usb cdc drivers is the only thing that you need on Carambola2, however they may already be installed by default (I don't remember exactly).

30 Jan 2015, 08:11

30 Jan 2015, 08:56

SFP lib can be found here: https://github.com/GiedriusM/SFP
LUFA should also be available somewhere on the github - just use the search.

30 Jan 2015, 11:33
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]