[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - Default IP for Centipede
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 07:24

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Default IP for Centipede 

I am looking to connect to my Centipede after receiving it in the mail. I've tried what looks like the default address in the "get started" page, but 192.168.1.1 does not seem to be working. Both LEDs are powered and the link LED is blinking.

I am able to connect to my Rambutan development kit right out of the box at 192.168.1.1, but not my Centipede.

I've also tried different addresses on other networks (192.168.0.1 or .8, etc.)

putty is also unable to connect to the centipede using the same addresses using my windows pc.

Any hints on this? The Rambutan seems to be working fine on the web interface. I'd really like to configure the Centipede.

Computer address is set to static.

04 Oct 2017, 20:35

Can you get a UART adapter? Then you could connect and check the IP via console.
Otherwise you could try some MAC pinging program, to find out the IP of the device.

13 Oct 2017, 07:20

Good idea.

I will try both and post results here to help anyone else that may have similar issues.

Thanks.

24 Oct 2017, 18:23

Using wireshark, I am getting 0.0.0.0 as the only connected device when centipede is connected directly to my pc. I am suspicious that I may have a defective unit.

Also have a UART interface on the way and will try serial communication next.

24 Oct 2017, 22:44

Okay, so UART interface can connect and I can see the unit going through bootup process. No IP information seen here. I can't send commands through putty console, which is strange.

I see this after boot is finished:

"IPv6: ADDRCONF (NETDEV_UP); eth0: link is not ready
eth0: link up
IPv6: ADDRCONF (NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready"

Received second unit today and it is the same. Either I have two defective units or I am not doing something correctly.

I sort of tried connecting through IPv6 but no luck.

Could use some help here =)

31 Oct 2017, 14:52

I was able to connect to the Centipede through IPv6!!!

For some reason IPv4 is only enabled through wireless as default, but wireless is disabled by default.

So, if you find yourself trying to connect to a Centipede and it is not working, try the following:

- Use wireshark to watch communication between the Centipede an your network card.

- Look for transmissions sent with a MAC that matches the sticker on your Centipede. (IPv6)

- The IPv6 address should be attached to those same transmissions.

- Type the ENTIRE address into your browser (I use chrome) [fe##::c###:ff:fe##:####]

from here I was able to change the settings in the web interface to connect through IPv4

31 Oct 2017, 21:46
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]