[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - Jalapeno sysupgrade image
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 07:26

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Jalapeno sysupgrade image 

Hello, thank you for Jalapeno board. I am working with it and have found the repository at https://github.com/8devices/lede-8dev. I cloned, selected ipq806x target and jalapeno platform. I build and then copy my image to the device, when I run sysupgrade I get the following:

root@LEDE:/tmp# sysupgrade lede-ipq806x-Jalapeno-squashfs-nand-sysupgrade.tar
Device jalapeno not supported by this image
Supported devices: Jalapeno
Image check 'fwtool_check_image' failed.

It appears there is a problem with upper case J and lower case j somewhere in the config/make files. I don't know enough to fix this. I tried issuing "-F" to force the upgrade, but now my device is stuck resetting in u-boot so I will need to recover inside u-boot and get a image restored on the device.

I appreciate any help.
Regards

17 Nov 2017, 23:41

I forgot to give background on what I am doing. I think I need to install kmod-usb-acm to use a Telit cellular modem in ppp mode with Jalapeno. Jalapeno ships with a snapshot LEDE install so when I run

opkg update
opkg install kmod-usb-acm

I get failure because the package is not compatible with the snapshot linux kernel. This is why I need to upgrade the LEDE image. Now when I build LEDE I select to include this package in menuconfig.

Also, I made a mistake and did not copy the factory image on Jalapeno before trying the upgrade. This is OK because I have another Jalapeno on order. I will copy the factory image before continuing so I can recover in u-boot using tftp. That is theory, yet to be a success.

20 Nov 2017, 16:14

Looks like this issue was fixed in the "spi_drivers" branch, I will give this a try. See the fix in this link:

https://github.com/8devices/lede-8dev/c ... 07ef60b3d1

20 Nov 2017, 17:40

Try to ask here:
https://github.com/8devices/lede-8dev/issues
8devices support doesn't read this forum

20 Nov 2017, 17:43

Thank you for the direction.

Do you know if there are instructions for tftp for jalapeno like this http://www.8devices.com/wiki/carambola: ... h-advanced

20 Nov 2017, 20:13

21 Nov 2017, 13:10

I purchased Jalapeno from here:

https://lian-mueller.com/cart/qualcomm- ... board.html

I'm stuck right now trying to find the correct base address in nand to do TFTP recovery.

21 Nov 2017, 16:39

I am not a linux expert so don't follow my directions here unless someone else blesses them as good. I got my device restored using tftp in u-boot and I am now building images from the "spi-drivers" branch of github.com/8devices/lede-8dev and continuing my work with cellular modem and BATMAN mesh. The lede-ipq806x-Jalapeno-squashfs-nand-factory.ubi is a file that I built as just described. I still can't get my ACM cellular modem to show up in the tty devices, so more research.....

Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0
(IPQ40xx) # setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.1;setenv serverip 192.168.1.200
(IPQ40xx) # tftpboot ${tftp_loadaddr} lede-ipq806x-Jalapeno-squashfs-nand-factory.ubi
eth0 PHY0 Down Speed :10 Half duplex
eth0 PHY1 Down Speed :10 Half duplex
eth0 PHY2 Down Speed :10 Half duplex
eth0 PHY3 up Speed :1000 Full duplex
eth0 PHY4 Down Speed :10 Half duplex
Using eth0 device
TFTP from server 192.168.1.200; our IP address is 192.168.1.1
Filename 'lede-ipq806x-Jalapeno-squashfs-nand-factory.ubi'.
Load address: 0x84000000
Loading: #################################################################
#################################################################
##################################################
done
Bytes transferred = 5242880 (500000 hex)
(IPQ40xx) # nand device default && nand erase.chip
Unknown command 'nand' - try 'help'
(IPQ40xx) # nand device default && nand erase.chip

NAND erase.chip: device 1 whole chip
Erasing at 0x7fe0000 -- 100% complete.
OK
(IPQ40xx) # nand write ${fileaddr} 0x0 0x500000

NAND write: device 1 offset 0x0, size 0x500000
5242880 bytes written: OK
(IPQ40xx) # reset
resetting ...

21 Nov 2017, 22:24

If you are not a linux expert then it is better to use some device that is longer in the field and much more people are using it.

If you are interested I can offer few devices that I have that are know to have excellent support and work without issues, and I'm always interested in playing around with latest gadgets, even that I know it will cost me weeks of my time and probably I'll just leave it for something more stable in the end :)

04 Dec 2017, 18:52

Yeah, what you say makes sense. I like to play around with the new hardware, maybe it will work for me or not. If not I will wait for development to catch up. In the meantime it will help me learn more about modifying my own drivers in linux and many other aspects of linux. I noticed that the drivers are not supporting IBSS for adhoc on this chipset. But the Candelatech drivers do so I will use those sources to get started.

05 Dec 2017, 22:04
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]