[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - Home Lighting Controller
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 02:52

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Home Lighting Controller 

Hello Comunity,

i have an Carambola sitting on my desk for some time
sometimes used it as WLAN - LAN bridge - but not more..

now i am on an ongoing project (work in progress..) for building an 'control system' for my room lights.
my room light is an LED-Pixel-Strip that is controlled over DMX512 ( a protocol used in event, theater and stage lighting)
at the moment i have a 'commercial' controller sitting there and generating the dmx.

my goal is to build a controller myself.
from the hardware point of view it is easy- get an arduino leonardo and add an RS485 driver -
than use the and you can control all DMX capable lights.
This part is sitting finished on my desk..
currently i have written a easy menu for some different modes how to generate colors..
but - i want to drive some more advanced effects on the Strip. To program them in arduino is no fun and inflexible.
so here comes Carambola in the game..
the Arduino Leonardo connects as USB-Serial bridge - so i just want to connect him to the Carambola USB-Port.

the goal is to setup the Carambola so i can write python scripts that can write to the virtual serial port.

next step would be to integrate (A Minimalist Python Web Framework).
so i can grab a device with an web-browser and connect to the Carambola.
than i can build a simple web-side to show some buttons to control the python script that generates the lighting data.

so now you know my overall plan ;-)
i know that i have to split it in small peaces and try every single peace on its on - and after all this works i can start to combine theme part by part..

Steps:
1. my first thing is to get the toolchain setup so i can compile a new image for the Carambola.
2. next thing is to get the Carambola to accept the USB-Serial Port.
for the first test it would do if i can check in the ssh terminal the output from the usb-serial-com port..
3. get full python running on Carambola
4. get python script with access to USB-Serial-Port
5. get cherrypy runingn on Carambola
6. .... to be continued..

the order could change ;-)

for 1. i just need to know where to get the up-to-date things...
there was a some time ago but without a real solution?!?

i will try my luck ;-)

if some one has ideas or tips or what ever just write ;-)

sunny greetings
stefan

16 Feb 2014, 19:09
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]