[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - Carambola to GPRS module using J5
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 08 May 2024, 09:46

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Carambola to GPRS module using J5 

Hi

I am trying to connect the Carambola to a GPRS MODULE.

I haves soldered in header pins for J5 and have connected the RX and TX of J5 (Position 2 and 4) to the TX and RX of the GPRS module. (TX to RX and RX to TX)
I have also set J10 and J9 to 2 ,3. (Hoping that this will make the RX and TX ports addressable via ttyS1)

Now all I want to do is send a simple AT command using microcom or minicom but in both cases I dont get a response.

Is my setup correct, any suggestions.

30 May 2012, 21:09

ttyS1 is already assigned to the Linux Terminal Console.
Use ttyS0 instead.
Have a look in the Wiki on how to enable ttyS0 for use. It's really simple, one command to enable the port and then adding just one simple char to /etc/inittab (to prevent Linux from starting another serial terminal on that port).
Also J5 holds the ttyS0 lines, not the ttyS1 lines. J9&J10 have nothing to do with that in any way.

So in other words, leave your hardware setup as it is now and change the configuration for ttyS0 in Linux and use that Port with microcom or minicom.

30 May 2012, 21:57

Thanks for your assistance

I followed the wiki to enable ttyS0
Now when I run /mmio 0x10000060, I get the correct response
10000060: 00000001

However when I run microcom, it still doesnt seem to work

root@OpenWrt:~# microcom
Try /dev/ttyS0
/dev/ttyS0 not responding

Also my /etc/inittab has been changed

::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS S boot
::shutdown:/etc/init.d/rcS K shutdown