[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - Reboots & Disconnects
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 08 May 2024, 18:01

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Reboots & Disconnects 

I'm running on the 2.1 firmware image from the repository and have it configured as a wireless client and am monitoring it via a serial console and a web page logged into the LUCI interface just to see if it is stable when not doing anything. I have been experiencing two issues: the wifi connection becomes disassociated (code 7) then fails to reconnect and gives up (code 3). In order to reconnect I have to call "wifi". I don't know if this is intended behavior but I would like the device to keep trying to reconnect. Is there a setting for this? I'm also getting random reboots every 1-6 hours or so with no discernible cause which is a much more troubling problem. Has anyone else been experiencing these issues? Thanks.

27 Jun 2012, 02:10

Output of logread?

27 Jun 2012, 06:28

I have the console output logged and there were no messages before the reboots. It hasn't happened in the last 12hrs but I'll check when it happens again.

27 Jun 2012, 13:28

I actually don't trust the images from the repository, my suggestion is to compile it for yourself, it's not that hard with OpenWRT and the instructions provided in the Carambola Wiki.

Do you use the Carambola's dev board or do you have your own solution to interface to the Carambola? I'm asking because voltage regulators usually shut down shortly when they get too hot, which would make the Carambola reboot. So if you've built a custom board check your regulators (also if you can, check if those regulators ouput a clean supply voltage)...

Of course if you do have the dev board from 8devices, then this will all most likely be a software problem. So my first suggestion would help you get rid of all your problems (compile your own image).
If that doesn't help either then your Carambola or dev board (if you bought one) might have a defect and you can ask the 8devices guys what to do.

27 Jun 2012, 16:40

I am using the dev board. It has been up for 18hr now. Yesterday I had at least 3 reboots though & haven't changed anything. I'll keep checking on it and will also work on compiling a custom image.

27 Jun 2012, 19:22

28 Jun 2012, 05:53

Well, in the past the binary images from the 8devices guys haven't worked for me. What they compiled into their images I don't know.
I just know that a custom image tailored to my needs has always worked perfectly fine. And to get the most performance out of your system (and save memory) compiling your own image with just the features you need is the best solution.

28 Jun 2012, 08:37

Haven't had any more wifi disconnects but just got another reboot after 33hrs. Will try a new build later.

28 Jun 2012, 10:38

Another reboot after 28hrs. Haven't gotten around to setting up the build env yet.

30 Jun 2012, 01:10

Another reboot after 24hrs.

30 Jun 2012, 14:45
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next