[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - First steps: module only
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 13 May 2024, 20:45

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 First steps: module only 

So, the postman brought me a carambola this morning, and I spent 4 hours trying to get it up.

I have a PL2303 USB to Serial cable, working well and being used for my arduinos and my chumby hacker board. I connected TX to pin 35, RX to 36 and GND to 37. Connected +3.3v to pin 22 and GND to 24. Started screen on my Ubuntu (screen /dev/ttyUSB0 115200), but only got garbage.

Is there something missing?

08 Aug 2012, 17:42

Try set bitrate to 57600, it should help.

The linux console in my carambola is set for 57600, but bootloader work on 115200.

08 Aug 2012, 18:55

10 Sep 2012, 22:57

I was using Arduino as a 3.3V power source. Reading the Arduino docs I realized that 3.3V on Arduino can supply only 50mA, way lower than I need. I will get a real 3.3V power source tomorrow and try again.

11 Sep 2012, 00:28

I hope you are using a 3.3V TTL level USB to serial converter. The actual USB to RS232 converters use much higher voltages (these can range from -25V to +25V), which is part of the RS232 specification.

Either way you'll need to be able to supply 500mA on the 3.3V rail.

11 Sep 2012, 07:30

Yes, I am using a 3.3V converter.

And I solved the problem: I was starving my Carambola with a 3.3V/40mA power source. Now I got a dedicated ATX power source capable of 3.3V/10A, plugged everything, and now I am configuring wifi.

Looks like I will have fun.

12 Sep 2012, 21:34
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]