[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - Carambola and 1-wire
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 12:51

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Carambola and 1-wire 

I've upgraded the patch to kernel 3.3.8; get it . It also incorporates my patch for switching GPIO modes by writing to files in /sys/carambola: if you don't do that it won't get in the way.

FYI: The naming of the 1-wire dir has changed in the newer kernel: it lives in "/sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/" instead of "/sys/devices/w1 bus master/" now.

20 Jun 2012, 17:47
Profile ICQ WWW

Thanks -- as it happens the old patch works for me against the latest kernel anyway, but I'm glad that you are keeping it up to date!

Can you explain the GPIO mode patch? And you're saying that it *isn't* needed for the 1-wire stuff, correct?

21 Jun 2012, 01:32

That patch is described ; it basically adds a few files in /sys to switch between GPU/UART/I2S/... so you don't have to use the mmio tool anymore to switch. If you don't write to those files, the patch doesn't do anything.

21 Jun 2012, 18:44
Profile ICQ WWW

Can't make after this patch, see error below.

make -C /home/carambola/carambola/build_dir/linux-ramips_rt305x/linux-3.3.8 CROSS_COMPILE="mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc-" ARCH="mips" KBUILD_HAVE_NLS=no CONFIG_SHELL="/bin/bash" V='' CC="mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc-gcc"
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/carambola/carambola/build_dir/linux-ramips_rt305x/linux-3.3.8'
CHK include/linux/version.h
CHK include/generated/utsrelease.h
CALL scripts/checksyscalls.sh
CHK include/generated/compile.h
CC arch/mips/ralink/rt305x/mach-carambola.o
arch/mips/ralink/rt305x/mach-carambola.c:220:8: error: 'S_IRUGO' undeclared here (not in a function)
arch/mips/ralink/rt305x/mach-carambola.c:220:8: error: 'S_IWUGO' undeclared here (not in a function)
make[6]: *** [arch/mips/ralink/rt305x/mach-carambola.o] Error 1
make[5]: *** [arch/mips/ralink/rt305x] Error 2

03 Jul 2012, 02:33

03 Jul 2012, 06:17
Profile ICQ WWW

Thanks, it's working now

03 Jul 2012, 08:46

Hi,
Temperature sensors like 18B20 work ok, but i have some problems with the DS2406 (single port PIO device). It shows up in the directory just like the DS18B20 but i can't figure out how to write to the PIOA of the device. I can't find good doc on the subject so if anybody has some experience on this please let me know.

Theo

05 Jul 2012, 17:29

Hmm, I'm not sure if that device is supported under Linux... I do see references to DS2408 chips, but no DS2406 is mentioned. It shouldn't be too hard to add support for those chips, though. I don't have the ICs myself, or I might have given it a try.

05 Jul 2012, 21:56
Profile ICQ WWW

Hi Sprite-tm,

The DS2408 is indead similar but has 8 IO lines. The DS2406 only 1 and is in a T0-92 case just like an ordinary transistor. This makes it interesting because you could see it as a logic transitor with a 1w base/gate. It's output can sink 50mA @ 13V. I was think about maybe adapting the w1_2408 code, and it would be a great but long learning experience. All help is very welcome and i could send you a DS2406 if you want, so you could give it a try aswell.

06 Jul 2012, 07:43

The device is interesting indeed, a software-controlled transistor sounds awesome. I'd be interested in one of the devices; mail me at jeroen at spritesmods period com if you want my address.

06 Jul 2012, 07:53
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next