[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - PYTHON, PERL or C++
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 09 May 2024, 13:41

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PYTHON, PERL or C++ 

Sir

May i make applications using PYTHON and PERL for the CARAMBOLA ? Or the better is C++

Thanks

Miguel

14 Apr 2012, 20:48

C++ is of course fine, although you have to compile your program using a cross compile toolchain before being able to use it.

The full Python package is too large to fit into Carambola's flash, so if you want to program in Python it's best to install the 'python-mini' package. I'd recommend looking into Lua: it's a nice and fast little scripting language and runs on Carambola out-of-the-box.

15 Apr 2012, 21:06

Thanks for the information.
But...and perl? I see that 8devices have many packages for perl. Can perl access i2c..gpio..etc?
and lua...have access to those devices?
If yes...i will order some units.
Thanks.
Miguel

15 Apr 2012, 21:27

In general, you can access hardware using any coding/scripting language which supports calling user programs. It can be done using mmio tool. We are planing to support more python applications in future, but at this moment there are no examples how to work with Carambola hardware from other than C/C++ language. In other hand, once you set up tools (it is very easy :) ) it is very easy to develop your application. Just look at few demo projects.

16 Apr 2012, 13:17

Thanks for the info.

Have you stock of your modules ?

Miguel

16 Apr 2012, 16:25

Have someone tested lua in the CARAMBOLA ?

17 Apr 2012, 14:29

17 Apr 2012, 18:35

Wow! :)

Hello David

That's very very great news!

Me (i am a teacher) and my friend (a teacher too) have ordered 3 units today, from BRAZIL.

About LUA, have you done access to I/O using calling user programs to MMIO ? Or are you using IOCLT ? (like a file)

Have you a LUA example using I/O access (spi, i2c, etc) ?

Thanks a lot!

Miguel

Last edited by basic4ever on 18 Apr 2012, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.

18 Apr 2012, 00:28

Ah, Brazil, the home of Lua :)
At the moment I am using a little C program that drives the GPIO, but IOCTL should also be possible.
As soon as I have some examples I'll share them.

18 Apr 2012, 08:32

Hi David
Let me understand your phrase.
Does lua call a c program that then make a access to the GPIO?
If possible...send a printscreeen of program.
THANKS.
Miguel

18 Apr 2012, 11:26
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next