[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - carambola2 packages missing
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:09

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 carambola2 packages missing 

Hello,
I recently acquired a few of these babies and tried to install some packages I need, like openvpn. However they don't exist in the 8devices repository. I tried to use the openwrt trunk repository but there are some compatibility issues and I failed to install the packages. Furthermore there is no image in openwrt repository to flash on carambola2. Are you going to update your repository anytime soon, or introduce some image in openwrt repository that will use the openwrt repository?
Thank you!

22 May 2013, 14:02

Hi, please read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=203

22 May 2013, 15:30

Looks like a bit strange procedure but anyway. It was weird cause there is already the package for openvpn rsa key creation, but no openvpn package.

22 May 2013, 22:49

Whats with mjpg-streamer? Did i need to wait for it or is there another oppertunity to get it work on my cara2?

I will get an h.264 webcam and would be try to stream it with gstreamer, but missing this too.

At github i found both

There exists folders for mjpg-streamer, gstreamer. But what does it mean, could i install from there?

26 May 2013, 12:02

I'm wondering about the same; - is it possible to install from github, or is github there to fetch sources and have a carambola specific makefile?
Which in turn would require to have a build environment for carambola to actually make the package?
I don't get it to be honest as I'm very new to Linux but after googling for hours I'm getting
a bit frustrated and am thinking maybe I should pick an easier solution.

Also - is it completely unthinkable to have a gcc installed on a usbdrive plugged into the carambola and
compiling self written programs directly on carambola? (Small being 10..20k lines)

I'm just asking as I can't seem to find anybody who is doing that - everyone just seems to run a linux box and compile there but
I'd really be more comfortable editing my files over ftp directly on carambola and then compiling / running it there.
(scripting is no alternative for me - it has to run fast)

14 Jun 2013, 00:49

16 Jun 2013, 06:40
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]