[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - Carambola2 I2S and MBOX (DMA)
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 08:49

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Carambola2 I2S and MBOX (DMA) 

Yes its is "almost" the same. The problem that is floating pdf in the net is too scanty. Someone get more detailed datasheet of this processor? There are really missing some general parts how MBOX DMA works with i2s and how to program audio pll?

br
harry

12 Nov 2013, 20:54

I still did not have time to sit down and play with the code but from reading through it I think I understand most of the things that were left out from the datasheet (even if some registers are a little bit different) so I would encourange you to try it even if you do not find better a datasheet. I suspect that this is the only one – I had the misfortune to see even worse datasheets in the wild – they just don't expect anybody to write code without using their sample code as a reference (just as with Android SoCs).

12 Nov 2013, 21:13

root@OpenWrt:~/.mpd/playlists# cd
root@OpenWrt:~# uname -a
Linux OpenWrt 3.10.17 #17 Mon Nov 18 17:41:40 EET 2013 mips GNU/Linux
root@OpenWrt:~# aplay -L
null
Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
default:CARD=AR933XSPDIF
AR-933X-S/PDIF,
Default Audio Device
sysdefault:CARD=AR933XSPDIF
AR-933X-S/PDIF,
Default Audio Device
root@OpenWrt:~#

some progress with mbox/i2s and ALSA here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSc9fbIavBU

07 Dec 2013, 14:17

07 Dec 2013, 15:28

Playback is perfect for now only via SPDIF. 44.1/S16. Next week i will test codec from TI. with all supported from hw rates.
Capture not implemented for now.

br
harry

08 Dec 2013, 11:32

08 Dec 2013, 12:44

PCM1771PW - we will try this bcoz is available now.
about source - yes but when finished our project. Also need a lot of work to clean dirty code and add other supported features from hardware to driver.

br
harry

09 Dec 2013, 08:45

That is some great news , we right now use a cm108 usb dac for the same , would love to use i2c and free up the usb port.

11 Dec 2013, 05:27

awesome! do you plan to put the sources direct to the openWRT sources?

12 Dec 2013, 13:55

And is the driver is compatible to ALSA?

02 Jan 2014, 19:41
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next