[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - Mapping GPIO to IRQ (gpio_to_irq)
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:45

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Mapping GPIO to IRQ (gpio_to_irq) 

06 Oct 2014, 11:22

Hi Gerd!

I compiled it successful with the new trunk, too. Seems as if my old trunk was corrupt caused by my trails of code modifying. The patching also went through without errors. Is it necessary to have internet connection while compiling (using Ubuntu 14.07)?

But I've got something new: What about the ISR of the interrupt. If I want to use it in a written module, how can I access and fill with own code? In the last years I programmed microcontrollers such as PICs and Atmels, the carambola seems to me much more complex with its linux.

Thanks!

E: Got a problem: There is no *squashfs-sysupgrade in bin/ar71xx/ after compiling. The output says "[...] openwrt-generic-carambola2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin is too big (> 1638400 bytes) [...]". What can I do? I just modified the mach-carambola.c, dev-m25p80.c/h and added the patch of you to the trunk.
Following modules I chose:
* libc
* kmod-spi-dev
* luci collection
* gcc
* kmod-gpio-dev
I did a "./scripts/feeds install -a" before. Perhaps, this is the problem?

Should I try without gcc/libc?

E2: I compiled it after removing feeds. It works!

07 Oct 2014, 05:37

07 Oct 2014, 07:37

@Gerd, thanks for this work!

I've already asked around in other forums, but xposting here as well.

What does it take to use these interrupt sources in userspace?

To me, the most straight-forward way would be to make exported gpios pollable via sysfs (sysfs is fast enough for my purposes). I also see this code, but not really sure how to use the debugfs file from it:

https://github.com/unwireddevices/gpio-irq-handler

So what's a good way to use the GPIO interrupts from userspace without too much kernel hacking?

Thanks!

19 Oct 2015, 11:18

27 Oct 2015, 12:42
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2