[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - Carambola 2 & USB 1.1 -inluence of wifi activity-stablility
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 03 May 2024, 17:42

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Carambola 2 & USB 1.1 -inluence of wifi activity-stablility 

Hello Everybody.
I have got an issue with stability of communication with USB 1.1 device when there is some activity on the wifi chip. If the wifi interface disconnects from network or connects to any network, the communication with USB device will be lost after few seconds. I have tried to apply patch 566-ath9k_usb_hang_workaround.patch, but without success in effect. I have also tried the 561 official patch from openwrt community a alternative to 566 from 8devices, but without possitive result. This issue is still there. I'm using Carambola 2 + LPC11U3X. I have got the stabile communication only if im not using wifi communication. As soon as there will be any activity on wifi (disconnecting, reassociating again etc), the communication crashes and only way to speak with usb device again is made by resetting, but this is not a solution, because every time this device is being recognized as other new device. Do You have any idea how to repair this issue? Somebody has written already similar question on Your forum, and somebody has commented it that he should look for it on the hardware forum, but i have not found any answer to this. The problem is beeing discussed on the openwrt forum too.
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=39956&p=11
,but there is still no solution for this. Sorry for my bad english, i hope You understand. Can You help me? The success of my project with carambola 2 is depending on this reliability. Thank You for the answer.

07 May 2014, 06:47

Hello,
we are using Carambola2 + USB2640 + LPC11U3 and it works very fine and stable for as.Any USB instability.
I would recommend to change USB hub.

Attachments:
upper.JPG
upper.JPG [ 108.95 KiB | Viewed 2193 times ]
07 May 2014, 07:48

Thank You for fast answer. The solution with hub will be only a necessity if the standard way is not possible. I have read that the LPC device is able to work stand alone without any hub, and i connected it so. I would like to use it without any hub (why to use it if i have one free usb port, and i dont want to expand it for use of many ports, i only use with one usb device, why should i use something between if my device is "usb 1.1 compatible" and carambola 2 is teoretically usb compatible too, but only teoretically). If there are still problems with carambola 2 and usb 1.1, then i have no other choice than accept this problem. Or is there any possibility to get this work stabile without hub anyhow? (that should work)

07 May 2014, 08:24

01 Jul 2014, 10:06
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]