[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - I need help recovering my Carambola 2.
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:53

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 I need help recovering my Carambola 2. 

I changed network settings in LuCi and managed to brick network access to the carambola2. I checked my router settings to see if the carambola2 is receiving an ip address which it is. I pointed my browser to 192.168.1.12 and I am not able to access LuCi. I even tried SSH into the carambola2 using the ip address explained before without success. So, I am now resorting to resetting the firmware as explained in the USB boot and recover section of the wiki without success. I though, maybe I am either not using the correct .bin file or I don't have the correct Uboot version.

These are the list of .bin files that I have:
openwrt-ar71xx-generic-carambola2-kernel.bin
openwrt-ar71xx-generic-carambola2-rootfs-squashfs.bin
openwrt-ar71xx-generic-carambola2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
openwrt-ar71xx-generic-uImage-gzip.bin
openwrt-ar71xx-generic-uImage-lzma.bin
openwrt-ar71xx-generic-vmlinux.bin

I renamed the openwrt-ar71xx-generic-carambola2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin file to 8dev_uimage.bin. I then loaded the 8dev_uimage.bin onto a fat32 usb flash drive and etc....

Am I using the correct .bin file?

24 Oct 2014, 07:11

24 Oct 2014, 07:29

I did as you suggested and my version is U-Boot 1.1.4-g33f82657-dirty (Sep 16 2013 - 16:09:28). Which is good to know so now I can upgrade to v2.0. Also instead of firmware recovery, since I am connected to the Carambola 2 using Picocom and I am able to access the SSH like terminal using Picocom, is there a way to do a refresh of the network and config the network settings back to the factory settings? I not familiar with using the terminal to change network settings.

U-Boot 1.1.4-g33f82657-dirty (Sep 16 2013 - 16:09:28)

=====================================
CARAMBOLA2 v1.0 (AR9331) U-boot
http://www.8devices.com/
-------------------------------------
DRAM: 64 MB
Flash: 16 MB
Net: eth0, eth1
=====================================

***UPDATE***

I used the following commands to set the lan back dhcp:

uci set network.lan.proto=dhcp
uci commit network
ifup lan

I am now able to connect to LuCi :) now I need to update uboot.

Last edited by dottedquad on 24 Oct 2014, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

24 Oct 2014, 17:11

24 Oct 2014, 21:19

Hi

can you provide instructions how to upgrade UBoot to latest version? I have couple boards with old one - U-Boot 1.1.4 (Feb 8 2013 - 11:41:32) (and Today I break two of them so need some effort with serial and manual getting them back)

29 Oct 2014, 21:17

Dear, kajotsoft

Why do you want to upgrade your bootloader? If anything goes wrong during bootloader update procedure, your device will be bricked (unusable) and will not be available for a replacement anymore. If you still want to take the risk I could provide you with the steps via a private message.

31 Oct 2014, 12:28

I can upgrade to v2.0. Also instead of firmware recovery, since I am connected to the Carambola 2 using Picocom and I am able to access the SSH like terminal using Picocom, is there a way to do a refresh of the network and config the network settings back to the factory settings? I not familiar with using the terminal to change network settings.

01 Nov 2014, 09:30

01 Nov 2014, 11:10
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]