[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - RPIO like for carambola2
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 00:51

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 RPIO like for carambola2 

Hi,

I've recently received my carambola 2, after a little reading, got it working with an ovelay root, now i am searching for a python lib "a la" RPIO, for the AR9331, with no luck. Anybody knows about any similar project? I'll be interested to collaborate or start something like that.

Thanks in advance. :)

27 Oct 2014, 20:55

Hi slothy,

At this moment there is no "RPIO", however we are developing IoTPy (~RPIO) for our new products and have plans for implementing it for Carambola2 too. You can learn more about IoTPy (for UPER1) http://8devices.com/wiki/gettingstarted:uper:1 and http://8devices.com/wiki/examples:uper:1. Currently you can find some bits of documentation in the library comments (pydoc) or even generate it with . It will be available online once I have time to properly document it, including not only the code, but the ideology too.

P.S. Any feedback is highly appreciated!

28 Oct 2014, 07:47

03 Nov 2014, 16:20

Sorry, for the very very late response.

Yes, i saw IoTPy, and i find it very interesting, just find there was no explicit GPIO carambola2, so i decided to write my own...basically intrumentation around the kernel sysfs (just following the RPio steps).

Now, i've pulled the IoTPy repo and there is the whole thing, \0/ so what can i say...THANKS!

I'm going to try it

05 Nov 2014, 19:01

TBH, I didn't "follow RPio steps" (to be frank up to now I haven't seen the RPio implementation :) ). After doing various different speed tests, I've found that using the existing linux gpio class (which exists on all/most linux platforms and not specific to RPi) has the best performance/complexity ratio.
As for the pull request you can see my response and all (future) discussions there.

06 Nov 2014, 08:04

I'm also very interested in the IoTPy project for the Carambola2 platform. Any light about when we could use features like mapping interruptions with GPIOs, I2C and SPI? It seems it could be soon after seeing

Thanks

16 Nov 2014, 16:55

Currently IoTPy implements GPIO, SPI and I2C interfaces for the Carambola2 board. However there are few things to note:
1) GPIO does not support interrupts - they seem to be supported by hardware, but they need some software, probably kernel driver modification and I haven't looked into it yet.
2) SPI requires custom kernel module (which I have, but haven't released the source yet) to dynamically allocate sysfs spidevs. SPI however can be used as SPIDEV class (see https://github.com/8devices/IoTPy/blob/ ... nux/spi.py) if you have statically allocated the spi device (maybe it's possible via spi-custom module???)
3) I2C requires i2c-custom module (which is available in the package repo)

IoTPy is in developmental stage so if you have any insights feel free to share. You can also take a look at slothy's IoTPy variant, where he did several changes (more related to internal core than the interface), which I do like - not necessarily the changes themselves, but the fact that the code mutates.

17 Nov 2014, 08:16
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]