[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - USB2can Issues with one car
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 16:53

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 USB2can Issues with one car 

Hi All,

First post....

I'm having issues sniffing the CAN BUS on a 2017 Skoda, the device is returning all the same data, I tested it on a 2013 kia and it worked perfectly! I have the correct OBD cable and detailed on the forum as previously no data was being returned.

Is it possible that the can bus is hidden from the OBD port on the skoda?

I've tried bitrates of 500k, 250k, and 125k all with the same results. Any ideas/suggestions on what I could do differently?

I've added the screenshots for information.

Thanks in advance

***EDIT*** I have since discovered that this could be due to the can gateway on VAG cars, any idea how to sniff the traffic and get around the gateway?

Attachments:
File comment: 2013 kia
Screenshot from 2018-01-03 15-15-02.png
Screenshot from 2018-01-03 15-15-02.png [ 60.82 KiB | Viewed 13094 times ]
File comment: 2017 data
Screenshot from 2018-01-03 15-04-11.png
Screenshot from 2018-01-03 15-04-11.png [ 33.94 KiB | Viewed 13094 times ]
03 Jan 2018, 15:52

Hi,
can you try to read data running in Windows mode ? (canal driver).
Linux driver has a bug in high speed data mode.

Did you try the other manufacturer converter ?
Bad thing that I don't have similar can so I can't check.
What is the Kia can bus speed ?

Is it yours post:
http://jas-hacks.blogspot.lt/2017/01/im ... hicle.html

nulleight15 May 2017 at 16:34
Hi, thanks, I got it working at 500kBps. Do I understand correctly, that I now have to open communication channel using VW TP 2.0 before I see anything? For now I only see one strange message repeated indefinitely:
0x17F00010 with data bytes 20 10 00 00 00 00 00 10

Thanks for your answer,
Konstantin

22 Jan 2018, 17:34

Hi,

No that wasn’t my post although looks like the same issue.

I haven’t tried it on windows yet, however I also have the CANtact which gives the same issues on the skoda yet reads it on the Kia, both speeds weee set to 500 however I’ve tried the skoda on all the main ones.

The only time I’ve had any data returned was when I connected the usb2can via a Y cable to a vcds and looked at the data being sent to the vcds, however it still did not give me anything useful. I’ll try windows tomorrow but not holding much hope.

22 Jan 2018, 22:14

So a bit more digging.

Tried it today with windows no change, tried it in conjunctiok with Kayak = no change.

The VAG obd port will only send data which is requested by an approved (with a handshake), looks like candy no and cansniffer are totally no goes. Basically short of tapping into the wiring prior to the can gateway module I think I’m “totally” outa luck.

23 Jan 2018, 19:49

I have a similar problem, I purchased a USB2CAN device to sniff data on my Audi A5, i've got the correct cable, but I see nothing, this post was added to my own query, is there a way around this?

If this is a show stopper then why isn't this detail mentioned on the device page so potential purchasers are aware of this limitation?

25 Jan 2018, 08:48

Do not you see any data from can bus ?

25 Jan 2018, 17:59

Nothing at all. The post by "rootadmin" looks like a similar issue.

26 Jan 2018, 07:40

But "rootadmin" see message like "0x17F00010 with data bytes 20 10 00 00 00 00 00 10" from a CAN bus.

26 Jan 2018, 08:41

I'm not getting anything, I am running Windows and Linux in VirtualBox on a mackBook Pro, could that be an issue?

26 Jan 2018, 09:19

Just another wee update, the only time I can see any real information -and by information I mean 2 lines in cansniffer is when I was using a Y cable with vcds as that handshakes with TP2.0

Perhaps a new firmware will be released which will allow connection to bag cars but I really feel that this should have been started prior to purchase that it will not read data on new vag models (unless I am in error of course).

28 Jan 2018, 09:02
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next