[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - Spending a little time with Open-WRT on Carambola
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:31

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Spending a little time with Open-WRT on Carambola 

OK, after spending a day working on the Open-WRT on the Carambola I have a few observations.

1. I don't know if it's the dev-board or if it is an Open-WRT problem, but I cannot get the router to route across the 2 Network ports. No matter what configuration of VLANs I try, it seems to ignore all the VLAN settings. In fact, it seems to behave only as a switch and I can separate out the 2 NICs. Thoughts and ideas here? What I want to do obviously is assigned one port to LAN the other to WAN, and have the WAN grab and IP via DHCP. Nothing I have done so far works. It is either LAN or WAN, not both.

2. On the OpenWRT I cannot set a password. I try to set one, but it just will not save. I am not sure if this is a bug with the latest Luci from openwrt packages but the only way I could get Luci to work was if I built it in directly using the Carambola buildtree.

3. Wifi... on OpenWRT it shows 2 wifi devices, only one will enable though.

4. Cannot SSH into the device as cannot set password as above.

Otherwise... it appears to be going OK so far, haven't ported the project files to it yet.

02 Feb 2012, 12:10

For the password issues (2 and 4) have a look at:

02 Feb 2012, 12:20

Well, I fixed some of the issues (and others) I was having by updating and building r29986 trunk of Open WRT for Carambola.

02 Feb 2012, 23:20

16 Feb 2012, 12:29

04 Apr 2012, 21:23
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]