[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
8devices Community - View topic - IoTPy and SFP
www.8devices.com
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:28

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 IoTPy and SFP 

Hello,

I'm interested by the IoTPy project. The goal is to communicate with a custom USB IO board, and I want know if there's somewhere a doc which explains the commands of the SPF protocol.
I should say that I'm a bit lost in the ioboard.py code for now ...

If anyone can help me, it would be much appreciated.

01 Oct 2014, 12:37

Apologies, I finally found what I was looking for here : :roll:

01 Oct 2014, 13:07

Good news. I have successfully ported SFP for Atmel AVR devices (that means it could also be usable on USB Arduinos).
For now, it works. I managed to blink a LED from the WeIO interface.

I will work more on the project this week-end to get all the IO and PWM working. In meantime, if someone is interested by the project, just let me know!

03 Oct 2014, 16:33

Just curious what kind of modifications did you do to get SFP to work? It was written in general C with portability in mind, but was tested only on a few architectures.

10 Oct 2014, 07:16

Yeah Giedrus, your code is very portable and I have changed almost nothing, excepted the MemoryManager's part.
I didn't find the sources of this lib, so I simply replaced by MemoryManager_malloc by malloc, MemoryManager_free by free and so on :roll: . So far, it works. I don't know if it could generate edge effects. I'll see.
Can you tell me where I can found the sources of MemoryManager ? I'll try to integrate it to keep SFP unchanged.

Now, I have to implement all the functions for GPIOs, SPI, PWM, interrupts, etc. But this part is not directly related to the SFP library.

10 Oct 2014, 11:38

10 Oct 2014, 13:26
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]