BLUE bean is IEEE 802.11b/g/n/a/ac Wave2 dual-band wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.2 USB module optimised for small size and low power consumption.
It is based on Qualcomm QCA9377-7 chipset. Has an integrated dual-band (2.4 and 5 GHz) 1x1 802.11ac Wave2 WiFi (supporting MU-MIMO) and Bluetooth® 4.2 transceivers and combined in to very small form factor (17 x 12 mm with RF connector and 24 x 12mm with integrated antenna).
The radio module supports advanced power saving techniques. Bluetooth supports both Class1 and Class2 transmissions and advanced coexistence mechanisms allow it to work seamlessly with Wi-Fi ensuring good quality and high performance.
BLUE bean software drivers are available for Linux, Windows 10 and Android operating systems.
- Wi-Fi radio
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wave2, 2.5 and 5 GHz, 1x1 SiSo, 433 Mbps data-rate
- Output power
- Up to 20 dBm
- Channel sizes
- 20/ 40/ 80 MHz
- Advanced features
- STBC, MU-MIMO, transmit beam-forming
- BT radio
- Bluetooth v4.2 + HS backwards compatible with v1.x and v2.x
- Product versions
- BLUE bean A – integrated ceramic omni-directional dual-band antenna, BLUE bean C – connetorized version for external antenna
- Temperature range
- -40 to +85 C°
- 17 x 12 mm with connector and 24 x 12 mm with antenna
Development board details
- 1 - USB Wi-Fi
- 2 - USB Bluetooth
- 3 - Dual-band ceramic antenna
- 4 - Turn off WLAN and Bluetooth
- 5 - Turn on WLAN and Bluetooth
- 6 - BLUE bean module